Terms of Service
Use of Content
Attribution Non-Commercial ShareAlike 4.0 International
AppealingContent.com has chosen to make available all of its original content under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International. Content may not be used commercially and must be credited to AppealingContent.com. Any derivatives of the original content must also be attributed to the original source: AppealingContent.com. This applies only to original content including, but not limited to Photographs, Videos, Creative Writing, Graphic Design, and Music appearing on the AppealingContent.com website. This does not include the right to, in any way, redistribute content listed on AppealingContent.com that is not copyrighted by AppealingContent.com, without the express consent of the actual copyright owner and proper copyright attribution.
Blog posts contain original writing content paired with a combination of AppealingContent.com original "Media" as well as additional, properly sourced "Media" which is copyrighted by others.
AppealingContent.com takes copyright infringement very seriously. We make all attempts to ensure all "Media" obtained by us contains the proper licenses for us to display it on our site, and we make sure all "Media" is properly attributed. The following are the "Media" source types our contributors may pull from to use on AppealingContent.com.
1. Photos listed on Creative Commons websites such as Flickr, which possess their own individual CC license and attribution requirements.
2. Photos and/or Videosourcedby AppealingContent.com contributors and/or editors, which have received documented approval from the owner of said material for use in a blog.
3. Any material that is believed to be covered by the Fair Use Doctrine, considering the following 4 factors:
a) The purpose/character of the use
b) The nature of the work
c) The amount/substantiality of the portion taken
d) The effect of the use upon the potential market
If AppealingContent.com is notified that "Media" posted on the website violates any provision of these terms, we will immediately investigate. If the item in question does not fit into one of the examples listed above, we will quickly remove the material. However, if we feel the material is covered by one of the examples listed above, we also reserve the right to leave the material on the website.
Be advised that our legal team will only respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, the text of which can be found at www.copyright.gov.
A notice of infringement must be filed in writing, via the "Contact Us" page. Please include the following in your notice:
1. Email address and/or telephone number to contact you.
2. URL of the allegedly infringing material
3. Proof of your copyright of allegedly infringing material either by
a) DMCA registration, or
b) other sufficient evidence to support your claim to ownership
4. Citation of the specific Terms which you believe were violated
5. A signed document, uploaded to the web, and linked in your notice which states: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
Be advised that you will be responsible for all attorney fees, court fees and extra costs incurred as a result of your misrepresentation that any material on AppealingContent.com infringes on your copyrights. If you are unsure if your material has been infringed upon, we highly recommend you seek legal counsel before filing a notice.
External Links Disclaimer
AppealingContent.com routinely links to external, third-party websites, and cannot be held liable for any information, opinions, recommendations, and/or products listed on any of these external sites.
All visitors to AppealingContent.com assume full risk and responsibility in their use of any portion of this website, including, but not limited to all site pages, blog pages, comments sections, and any and all external links.